13 Journaling Prompts for End of the Year Reflections
I'm still in disbelief that 2022 has come to an end, but low key... I'm glad this chapter is ending. As it ends, the time has come to reflect and check in with God about the year. I encourage you to take inventory of the lessons, the wins, and the things God has done and continues to do in your life. Then, with all those things in mind, surrender your desires for the new year to God and let Him lead the way.
Here are the 13 prompts I'm using to reflect on this year:
1. How has your relationship with God changed in 2022? Reflect on it and note any areas where you've struggled, where you've improved, and how you would like to work on your relationship with God next year.
2. If you had to pick 3 words to describe your 2022, what words would you pick and why?
3. What were your biggest challenges this year? What helped you navigate those challenges?
4. What were your biggest wins this year? How did you feel when they happened?
5. How would you describe the type of person you were this year?
6. What were some of the lessons 2022 taught you?
7. How have your relationships changed this year? Which ones improved? Which ones were broken? How would you like to improve your relationships next year?
8. What goals did you accomplish this year that were not on your vision board?
9. What did you learn about yourself this year?
10. What kind of person do you want to become next year?
11. What do you want to explore more of next year?
12. What did you learn about God this year?
13. Where do you sense God leading you as we enter into the new year? Is there an area you feel Him guiding you to pay closer attention to? Write about it and ask Him for clarity on your next steps.
I pray these prompts are as helpful to you as they were to me and I'm so thankful for you being a part of my 2022.
Rooting for you always,